With the growing number of the number of devices available nowadays there has been a rapid increase in the number of security threats as well side by side. Hence nowadays a need for a good antivirus has become necessary. McAfee is one of the most popular and the most widely used antivirus software available nowadays. There are numerous options available which you can use to ensure that the data available on your system or while browsing the internet remain safe and secure and do not fall into the wrong hands. With a single subscription, you can safeguard multiple devices. It is necessary to install McAfee antivirus on all the systems so that there is no backdoor which can be used to attack your device and gain access to it. It also ensures safe data transfer between all your devices. There are some other options as well which you can put to use whenever required like Firewall, Child protection, social media protection, etc.
How to uninstall McAfee antivirus software?
Sometimes the users may feel the need to uninstall McAfee due to certain reasons. Uninstall McAfee antivirus is no rocket science and can be done quite easily if you go through the steps mentioned below.
- Open Control Panel on your Windows system and choose the option to Uninstall a program.
- Here you will see a list of the software installed on your device.
- Browse to the entry of McAfee antivirus software, select it and click on the Uninstall button available above the list of programs.
- Restart your PC.
- Check if you can still see McAfee antivirus software still exists in the list of programs.
- In such a case search for services.msc.
- Disable all the services related to McAfee.
- Under the recovery, tab chooses the option to take no action.
- Restart your device.
- This successfully uninstalls your McAfee software.
- In case you still cannot remove the McAfee software, you can choose the option to download McAfee Consumer product Removal Tool (MCPR).
- Run this McAfee Consumer product Removal Tool and then the McAfee antivirus will be successfully removed.
- Restart your device and then the software will be successfully removed.
If you are still unable to uninstall the McAfee antivirus software or are facing some other problem with your antivirus software, give a call to McAfee antivirus customer support number and get the problem fixed by the expert. Based on your problem the problem is fixed either over the phone or via remote access as the need arises.